USA, Canada and Central America 2019: Heart of the South with the Great Smoky Mountains Summer 2019
Brochure Type: USA, Canada and Central America 2019
Travel through America's heart and soul. Tour a Vanderbilt mansion, explore the beauty of the Great Smoky Mountains and enjoy a hosted dinner at the Muhammad Ali Center.
- Orientation of Atlanta, Ashville
- Visit CNN Studios, George Vanderbilt's Biltmore Estate, Great Smoky Mountains National Park, Cumberland Gap National Historical Park, Museum of the Cherokee Indian, Kentucky Horse Park, Buffalo Trace Distillery, Churchill Downs, the Kentucky Derby Museum
- 7 full breakfasts
- 4 dinners
- Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Daily breakfast and an average of 50% of evening meals
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with WiFi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Cherry-picked hotels all tried and trusted
- Hand-picked Insider Experiences
- Optional Experiences and free time
- All porterage and local charges included
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- An expert Travel Director and separate Driver
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- Airport transfers on the first and last day of your guided holiday
- VIP entry to many sights
Call (218) 773-3344 for more information or to book today! Mention code 14385563
- Tour Operator
- Trafalgar Tours
- Offer valid through 6/30/2019
- 8 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Atlanta||Arrive Atlanta: Tap your feet to the sounds of the South in its capital, Atlanta, where this evening we'll join our Travel Director and fellow travellers for a Welcome Reception to launch our exploration of the heart and soul of America. Welcome Reception|
|Day 2||Asheville||Atlanta - Asheville: Gain a deeper understanding of the inner workings of the world's first 24-hour news channel during a Behind-the-Scenes tour - a snapshot that will delight your inner news hound. See Atlanta's most prized highlights afterward.Full Breakfast|
|Day 3||Gatlinburg||Asheville - Great Smoky Mountains National Park - Gatlinburg (2 Nights): Explore the elegance of yesteryear, starting your day with a self-guided visit to the Biltmore Estate, the largest privately owned home in America and former luxurious homestead of George and Edith Vanderbilt. Stroll through acres of landscaped gardens and gain insight into the lives of a great family once considered American Royalty. We continue to the iconic UNESCO-listed Great Smoky Mountains National Park. Stop at the Sugarlands Visitor Center and explore 19th century wilderness settlement life. We'll also visit the Museum of the Cherokee Indian, then travel through the centre of the park. We overnight in Gatlinburg. Full Breakfast, Dinner with wine|
The Park Vista - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel
|Day 4||Gatlinburg||Gatlinburg: Enjoy a full, free day to connect with the beautiful natural landscapes of the Smoky Mountains, so named for the "smoky" mist of blue haze that surrounds these peaks. Embark on a hike, visit Cades Cove to see the local wildlife or visit Dollywood, owned by country music legend Dolly Parton. Consider an evening of invigorating fun, stampeding at Dolly Parton's famous Dinner Attraction. Full Breakfast|
|Day 5||Lexington||Gatlinburg - Cumberland Gap - Lexington: Follow in the footsteps of brave pioneers who travelled through the Cumberland Gap into the West and into Kentucky's wilderness. Delve into the equestrian heritage of this Bluegrass city in Lexington, at the 'Horse Capital of the World.' Visit the Kentucky Horse Park or explore the International Museum of the Horse, an affiliate of the Smithsonian Institution.Full Breakfast|
Hyatt Regency Lexington
|Day 6||Louisville||Lexington - Louisville (2 Nights): Dive into Culture today, saddling up for a soulful encounter with the equine residents of a local horse retirement farm, where you'll Make a Difference by contributing to the dignified retirement of thoroughbreds whose careers have come to an end. We continue along the Bourbon Trail to Buffalo Trace Distillery, the world's most award-winning distillery, for an insider's look into the behind-the-scenes work that goes into crafting truly great bourbon. You'll witness first-hand the entire process that goes into distilling Kentucky's golden liquid - from grain delivery to the cooking process, fermentation and, of course and distillation. Enjoy a taste of the final product before journeying through Bluegrass country to Louisville. This evening, we Connect with a Local, and enjoy a hosted Be My Guest dinner at the Muhammad Ali Center with a local guest.Full Breakfast, Dinner with wine|
Hyatt Regency Louisville
|Day 7||Louisville||Louisville Sightseeing: Imagine the thundering sounds of thoroughbred hoofs on the celebrated Churchill Downs racetrack as you visit the home of the Kentucky Derby since 1875. Feel the thrill of the "Greatest Two Minutes in Sports" as you explore the Kentucky Derby Museum, then spend the afternoon at leisure. This evening, we join our fellow travellers for a Farewell Dinner of foot-stomping, festive fun and flavours of authentic Kentucky cuisine. Full Breakfast, Farewell Dinner|
|Day 8||Louisville||Depart Louisville: Transfer to Louisville International Airport. Consider extending your stay at the Hyatt Regency Louisville, or join our Tastes and Sounds of the South trip. Full Breakfast|
- Crossovers: All 2018 departure dates will operate as per the 2018 brochure. Itineraries, durations, hotels and inclusions may vary. Please inquire at the time of booking.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class