2019: Holy Land Discovery - Faith-Based Travel - Catholic Itinerary (5320)
8 days from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem
Call (218) 773-3344 for more information or to book today! Mention code 14358829
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 6/30/2019
- 8 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Tel Aviv||Welcome to Israel! Check into your hotel and enjoy the rest of the day at leisure. This evening, meet your Tour Director and fellow travelers.|
|Day 2||Nazareth||Enjoy a full day exploring some of the Holy Land's ancient biblical and modern sights. Begin by driving to the old port of JAFFA, an atmospheric town, where Jonah set sail before he was swallowed by the whale. Continue to CAESAREA, an ancient port turned incredible ARCHAEOLOGICAL ZONE. Built by Herod the Great in the 1st century BC, the city was one of the most splendid in ancient Palestine and its capital for more than 600 years. Admire what remains of Herod's grandiose building works, including the restored 3,500-seat Roman theater, the aqueduct, harbor, and the crumbled moat and towers from the 12th-century CRUSADER FORTRESS. From here, travel to the archaeological site of MEGIDDO, an age-old FORTIFIED TOWN with 25 layers of archaeological findings and one of the world's most important biblical sites. According to the New Testament, this is where the Battle of Armageddon will take place, the final struggle between good and evil, which will prompt the return of Jesus to defeat the Antichrist and cast Satan into the abyss. Continue to Nazareth to visit the CHURCH OF THE ANNUNCIATION, where the Archangel Gabriel told Mary she would conceive and give birth to Jesus, the Son of God. This evening you may have an opportunity to join a candlelight procession starting from the Church of the Annunciation square. (B,D)|
|Day 3||Nazareth||Attend one of the early morning Mass services if you wish, then join today's included excursion. Bet She'an is one of the best preserved archaeological sites of this region and well worth some time to wander around. Ongoing excavations at this UNESCO World Heritage site revealed time-worn colonnade-style streets, bathhouses, and a theater with perfect acoustics. (B)|
|Day 4||Nazareth||Today, celebrate [M] Mass in Magdala, home to Mary of Magdalene, then skirt the Sea of Galilee, and enjoy its scenic beauty. Continue to Tabgha and visit the church commemorating the miracle of Jesus feeding 5,000 people with two fish and five loaves. On to CAPERNAUM, home to the Apostles Peter, Andrew, James, John, and Matthew, and to Jesus himself. Here, you'll see its ANCIENT SYNAGOGUE and the HOUSE OF ST. PETER. Spend some time in the gardens of the MOUNT OF BEATITUDES, where Jesus delivered his famous sermon, and meditate its significance. On the way back to Nazareth, stop in CANA, site of the wedding miracle. (B,D)|
|Day 5||Jerusalem||Enjoy a spectacular drive through the Jordan Valley. Stop at the QASR EL YAHUD baptismal site where, according to tradition, Jesus was baptized by St. John the Baptist. Continue to Bethlehem, birthplace of Jesus and King David. Visit one of Christianity's holiest places, the CHURCH OF THE NATIVITY, built over the cave thought to be the spot where Jesus was born. Here, you will have time to pray and attend [M] Mass, if you like. Reach the holy city of Jerusalem in the late afternoon. (B,D)|
|Day 6||Jerusalem||An intense day of reflection awaits as you set off on a walking tour of Jerusalem's Old Town. From the MOUNT OF OLIVES, take in memorable views over the city's domes, walls, and rooftops before strolling in the GARDEN OF GETHSEMANE, where Jesus prayed on the night before his arrest. Your guide will then lead you into the JEWISH QUARTER, pointing out the WESTERN WALL with its prayer notes tucked between the stones, and the Dome of the Rock, the gold-topped mosque on Temple Mount. Walk the famous Via Dolorosa (Way of the Cross), following in Jesus' footsteps as he bore the cross to Calvary for his crucifixion and burial, where the BASILICA OF THE HOLY SEPULCHRE now stands. Later this afternoon, attend [M] Mass, if you like. (B)|
|Day 7||Jerusalem||Today is free to relax, explore Jerusalem at leisure, revisit some of the most significant places of worship, or join an exciting optional excursion to the Dead Sea, the planet's lowest point on dry land. Travel through the mountainous Judean Desert and pass the Qumran Caves, where the Dead Sea Scrolls were discovered. Ride the cable car up to the magnificent Fortress of Masada, perched high on a clifftop plateau above the Dead Sea, where 960 Jewish rebels made their last stand against Roman forces in 73 AD. Later, head for the shores of the Dead Sea, where you'll have some time to experience the incredible buoyancy in the salt water. Toward the end of the afternoon, return to Jerusalem. (B,D)|
|Day 8||Jerusalem||Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning. (The nearest airport is Tel Aviv.) (B)|
- US$ Price Details
Prices are per person, based on double room occupancy.Single room supplement:$530, $700 (April 19 & October 18)Guaranteed shares available No triple room reduction.2020 departures are subject to itinerary and price modification.
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Cosmos, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Cosmos, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Cosmos to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Cosmos Group Leader in Cuba, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Cosmos menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; additional activities and excursions purchased online; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Cosmos offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Cosmos in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Cosmos has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations - Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price shown includes a limited time promotional offer(s) - please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Cosmos).